The grounds include a pavilion, grill area, picnic tables and restroom facilities. The facilities are primitive with no electricity or running water. The grounds are open from 8:00 AM until sunset and can be accessed by walking most days. The gate is opened for special events.
Martins Mill Bridge was built in 1849 under the direction of Jacob Shirk. It was constructed in the “Town Lattice Truss” design. Martins Mill Bridge is a total of 208′ in length. In 1973 the bridge was rehabilitated after being carried downstream by flood waters during Hurricane Agnes. Steel bracing was added at a later date to stabilize the bridge. In spite of being altered over the years due to destruction and restoration it remains a good example of this type of covered bridge design and contains approximately two-thirds of its original timbers. It is one of only two covered bridges in Franklin County and it is the largest lattice type bridge in Pennsylvania. It is also on the National Register of Historic Places.